Angelo Iacono, Member of Parliament for Alfred-Pellan, is proud to launch the 150 Outstanding Citizenship Contest as part of the celebrations for the 150th anniversary of Confederation of Canada.
Citizens are invited to apply or nominate an outstanding individual who resides in the riding of Alfred-Pellan to receive one of 150 medals that will be awarded during a day of activities on Saturday, July 15, 2017.
Here are the categories for Canada 150 Medals: Arts, Sports, Academic or Scientific Exploitation, Youth, Elders, Mentors, Community, Young Entrepreneurs, Professionals and Emerging Citizens.
Before submitting an application, please go through the details of the various categories and the criteria of the contest as described in the following paragraphs:
Criteria of the contest 150 Outstanding Citizen :
- Must reside in Alfred-Pellan riding
- Must explain why the citizen should be awarded a medal
- Must match the category for which he or she is appointed.
- Sport: athletes or coaches who have distinguished themselves by their involvement, their results, their sports activities values (team spirit, perseverance, effort, improvement, etc.)
- Arts: artists who have distinguished themselves by their involvement, progress, distinctions, their work, etc.
- Community: Individuals who have distinguished themselves through their community involvement (community movement or organization) that fits into the community needs.
- Seniors: Individuals from 65 years old who stand out for their lives, their active lives, their implications and commitments in the community.
- Youth: people under the age of 25 who stand out for their involvement and commitment in the community.
- Mentors: people who are involved in young people development in the community, with insight, guiding them to succeed in a carrier and improve the quality of their life.
- Young Entrepreneurs: Young people running a business or a startup in the past 2 years, and who deserves to be recognized for the endeavor, and the work accomplished.
- Scientific or academic achievement: a student who has distinguished himself or herself through academic result, research, or participation in an event such as Expo-Science or any other school project.
- Professionals: professional who has distinguished himself in his field by his involvement, his dedication and whose work deserves recognition.
- 10 Outstanding citizens: Individuals who have distinguished themselves in recent years in the good cause and have made a difference in the life of the community.
If you meet the criteria in the above categories, or if you think someone in the riding of Alfred-Pellan should be awarded a medal for value in theses categories, please click here to fill out the form for the contest.